Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mudderella SoCal 2014

world class, 5–7 mile long, muddy obstacle courses




So I gotta say it's been about almost 2 weeks since I did the very first SoCal Mudderella in Temecula Oct 4th. 
What made me want to do something so dirty ?!?! Wellll ;) jk haha






When I saw how it was all about over coming fear, being strong and teamwork I was in! Yes it's muddy and dirty but if you can't suck it up for 1 day to have a great experience then I think you need to grow as a person. 


I was ready for a challenge something totally different out of my comfort zone. 
I'm all about strength, change, competing with yourself right now so it was a perfect first event to do. 

They provide you training videos and a schedule. Which are great. I was already working out, but just added running a few nights a week along with hiking. 
They say if you can run a mile you can do mudderella so I was like pfft I can do that. 
I was more worried about the obstacles and if I'd have a hard time accomplishing them. My goal was to do them ALL!! Not to wimp out and skip any! 


The closer it got the more nervous I was. You don't know what to expect. I've seen the videos on the website and it gets you super emotional and pumped up at the same time. 
I was a bit scared, but only from the unknown. 

Once you got there the atmosphere was awesome!! Music, booths to get your war faces on, temporary tattoos, posters your family and friends could make while cheering you on, food, beer, etc. 
Once we got all dolled up it was time to get moving! They warm you up and get you pumped up then let you be on your way!!!








I gotta say it went way faster than I thought it would. The walls to climb over weren't as scary as I was expecting them to be. Every obstacle was doable and SO much fun!! Of course at the end is when all the muddy obstacles were. I now know that I can do these things. I know what to expect for the next time. And look forward to accomplishing tougher runs in the future. You don't know what you are capable to do unless you go out and try!! The feeling knowing you did something others were to scared to even try is incredible. 






The best part was at the end getting our beer, free tshirts and just enjoying the Victory!! 





We did it! I did it! You can do it!! People were scared, but they finished it! Ladies of all walks of life did it! Big, small, young, old everyone!! I will definetly do more now. It's a can of Kick Ass I just opened lol. 





No comments:

Post a Comment