Wednesday, July 10, 2013

ABOUT ME

I'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys 10 and 7 years old. I'm married to my High School sweetheart for 12 years now. I've had a few ups and downs since I had my boys. Have had thyroid issues for a few years now. Finally came to the conclusion I have Hashimotos/thyroidiits autoimmune disease. It's been a roller coaster of gaining,losing weight, feeling sick and lethargic. I finally just decided to do some research on my own on how I need to treat myself. It was an overwhelming amount of info and very confusing. I discovered many people eliminating Gluten from their diet and healing their thyroid. So I took that and ran with it. It was so hard at first, because who doesn't love bread, sandwiches, pizza, etc. I was just ready to cure my thyroiditis with a gluten free clean eating lifestyle. Started feeling great with no bloating or stomach cramps. Have always worked out ,but with still consuming gluten it was just a battle. Then one day on FB I found my now beach body coach and she introduced me to Shakeology.I decided to try it and just say "What the hell it's time for me to do something for myself. Started a 90 day challenge group doing Turbo Fire and drinking Shakeology everyday. The vegan chocolate has improved my overall health tremendously. I felt more energy and overall great after only a few days. When I don't have it I definitely feel the difference. My skin is clearer. My hair is healthier. My skin is softer. And when the husband notices these things it's always a good sign =). I Can't go a day without it.

I Recently hit my 90 day mark since I started this summer fitness challenge. I may have not worked out all 90 days, didn't meet my goal, had some health issues, and having Hashimotos is an uphill battle in itself, but I feel awesome. I'm not perfect and had plenty of reasons to start over, but I stuck it thru. I didn't lose many inches, but definitely feel more strong. I lost 15 pounds. I've learned a lot and definitely not stopping. It feels too good to go back to feeling like crap.

I could not of done it without the encouragement of my wonderful coach and was probably the best motivator in the group. The challenge group helped me be more accountable to her and myself.  It was a good experience and start. I'm ready for this transformation and do something for myself. Gain confidence and motivate others. So I'm here to keep pushing play with you and do it! So lets do it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment