Sunday, July 13, 2014

Fitness Changed My Life




"Obsessed, Over doing it, Extreme and everything else people will say to you when you are working on yourself!! Yes maybe I am obsessed, but I'm obsessed with becoming a women comfortable in her own skin. How many women are? 


I can go back as far as 3rd grade when I played soccer and was called thunder thighs. Kids are mean and I wasn't even fat. It was that awkward baby fat phase, but being what 10yrs old no little girl should feel bad about her self! I wasn't fat growing up, but I still didn't feel good enough for some reason. After high school is when I started gaining weight. But it was the boyfriend, dating weight. No biggie, got engaged went to the gym lost those 20 pounds for the wedding! Easy breezy right? 
Fast forward through 2 babies, gaining 60 pounds, losing, then gaining again. Very emotional time in my life. I felt ugly, tired, alone, stressed, unloved, fat, depressed, had postpartum depression, deprived, no desire to do anything, insomnia, drank too much, sick all the time and weak. Can you relate? 
My body went postal on itself and I got super sick and gained weight in record time. Desperate and tired of just being tired I finally just woke up one day and took my health into my own hands. Now I have always worked out and lost all my baby weight so when I gained weight again I knew something was wrong. Ladies you have that instinct when something isn't right, Listen to it! 

I did tons of research and discovered along with my Hypothriodism I have Hashimoto's Disease. Actually being hypo is a result of the autoimmune disease. Pretty bummed learning all the risks of a long list of cancers and more diseases I was prone to get. So getting healthy and eliminating gluten was extremely important to me if I want to be here for my boys. Call it obsessive I can care less. It's my responsibility to take care of my body. How selfish would I be not to care when I have a family that needs me?? 


Fast forward almost 2 years & 50lbs lighter I have found my passion. I can honestly say Fitness changed my life! It's still changing me everyday. I push passed what I never thought I could do. It's only the beginning and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm happier, have goals and strive for things. As a stay at home mom you struggle with what you were meant to do in life. Well I can only speak for myself. I needed an outlet to talk to grown ups hahaha. You have that thing tugging at you saying there must be more I can do in this life, that burning desire inside to BE MORE, DO MORE or SHARE more with others. Who placed those dreams inside me? GOD. He gave me that burning desire...he planned for the burn to come and keep going after dreams...I have to believe that! 

I'm still learning every day and no expert by any means. But I do know a little by just reading and researching. I want to help those #thyroidwarriors feel better. It's a hard, painful, exhausting disease. I want to help that depressed mom take charge of her life and never look back. I want to help that lady who just wants to get back on track. I just want to change lives! <3 We can do it together! Anything is possible! <3







No comments:

Post a Comment