Friday, August 8, 2014

It's a Journey

#throwbackthursday
Sometimes you see the before and after and forget the journey in between. I see them all the time I love those inspiring pictures. 
My struggles haven't been easy not even a little. But that feeling of being healthier over powers those depressing thoughts I had. I know those far to well. They still creep in once in awhile. I have set backs, I over indulge, I like my wine, I am NOT perfect I am human!!
I'm still on my journey and it's a day to day decision that I make. I have a disease#Hashimotos that gives me daily set backs. It's kind of a blessing in disguise, because it's forced me to be my own advocate for a healthier life.
Do you have a health crutch you are holding on too? I was for a while, but I got 2 boys that are watching me. I don't want them seeing me sick, in the hospital, having surgery or undergoing chemo just because I couldn't give up some junk food. Yes I let them be kids and have the fun stuff once in a while. Trust me they complain and say how much they miss things. lol They will thank me later.  

"You can do this."




No comments:

Post a Comment